The Emirates airline was founded in 1985. The first flight from this airline was taken in the October of the same year. Emirates airline was established with a seed funding of AED 10 million and was the first-ever airline to introduce telecommunication facilities on the flights. In the year 2010, Emirates was declared as the “most valuable airline” in the world and the UAE. The value of this airline had already increased to AED 10 billion by the year 2010 and has been growing steadily ever since. Emirates holds several unique records in its name from building the world’s first purpose-built A380 facility concourse to being the airline with the most nationalities traveling in one flight. Emirates travel insurance is one such unique thing that this airline offers.
Features and Benefits of Emirates Travel Insurance
- One of its Kind: This Emirates travel insurance plan is one of a kind and Emirates airline is the first one to offer it to its customers. The plan is offered free of cost with every airline ticket bought after December 2020.
- Flexibility: The Emirates travel health insurance plan is rather flexible and customers are free to choose to take or refuse it as per their convenience. Passengers can choose not to take the cover if they already have a travel insurance plan and do not want to add this cover.
- Covid-19 Cover: The multi-risk Emirates travel health insurance cover is a Covid-19 special cover. It includes protection against several scenarios that can lead to trip cancellation. In inclusion to that, the Emirates travel plan also comes with an emergency medical cover.
- Long-Range Validity: The Emirates travel insurance plan is valid for 365 days or for the entire time of your round trip. The validity locks in on whichever of these two events come first.
- Easy Cover Initiation: The Emirates travel insurance plan does not require the passengers to perform additional paperwork to get the coverage. The cover can be taken at the time of buying the ticket and the coverage starts that easily.
Emirates Multi-Risk Travel Guard Insurance
The multi-risk Emirates travel insurance is offered to all Emirates customers flying with the airline. It comes with a comprehensive list of travel benefits related to the recent burst of Covid-19 infections. Customers are free to use this insurance coverage or drop it if they like. Let’s examine the benefits offered by this Emirates travel insurance plan in detail:
- Emergency medical treatment and medical evacuation expenses benefit with a limit of USD 500,000.
- Personal liability benefit of USD 1,000,000 including USD 10,000 cover for legal fees and USD 5000 benefit for bail bonds.
- Personal baggage benefit of USD 5000 and baggage delay benefit of USD 1000.
- Personal money and personal document loss benefit of USD 500.
- Credit card fraud benefit of USD 1000.
- Trip delay cover benefit of USD 50/hour up to USD 1000 and missed departure benefit of USD 1000.
- Hospital cash benefit of USD 45/day up to USD 3600.
- Emergency return to home and trip resumption benefit of USD 5000.
- Trip cancellation benefit cover with a base limit of USD 7500 if the trip is canceled due to school year emergencies. This can include a school year extension because of Covid-19. You or a relative need to be a school teacher. employee or a student to avail of this cover.
- Trip cancellation cover USD 7500 if your trip is canceled due to a health emergency, your own or a relative’s.
- A separate trip cancellation benefit of USD 7500 if you get infected with Covid-19, fail the screening at the airport or the test.
- Quarantine cover benefit for 14 days of USD 150 if you get infected by Covid-19 when traveling in another country.
- Additional benefits include pet care cover, catastrophe cover, collision damage cover, mugging cover, and domestic trip covers.
- The Emirates travel health insurance plan also comes with a premium adventure sports cover for ski hire, winter sports equipment, piste closure and avalanche and landslide.
Emirates Travel Insurance Exclusions
- Any medical claims related to pre-existing medical conditions.
- Trips that are taken against the advice of a doctor.
- Traveling to receive treatment abroad.
- List of the excluded countries from the Emirates travels insurance plan Iran, North Korea, Cuba Syria, and the Crimea Region of Ukraine.
- Claims that have arisen due to war or a war-like situation, invasion, riots, blockades, strikes and other industrial and political actions.
- Accidental claims involving driver not wearing a helmet, not carrying valid driving license
- Driving when under the influence of drugs.
- Damages or injuries due to nuclear or other kinds of explosions.
- Self-inflicted injuries and suicide attempts.
- Any claims arising due to voluntary negligence of the plan holder.
Emirates Travel Insurance FAQs
Q1. Does Emirates travel insurance covers trip extensions?
Ans. Yes, a trip extension up to 30 days from the original date of travel can be covered in some special circumstances. The circumstances include not being able to complete due to uncontrollable situations which are not a part of the exclusion list of the policy.
Q2. Do I get this travel insurance coverage even with one-way trip Emirates tickets?
Ans. Yes, the Emirates travel health insurance plan is provided even with one-way trips. The benefits of the insurance plan stay active till 31 days after your travel date.
Q3. What is the coverage like for one-way trip ticket holders?
Ans. The Emirates travel insurance plan covers emergency medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, dental treatment, repatriation of mortal remains, hospital cash benefit and quarantine allowance.
Q4. Are there any upgrades available for this coverage with extra premium?
Ans. No, add-ons and upgrades are not available for this Emirates travel insurance plan.