Allianz travel insurance is a subsidiary of Allianz Care, one of the biggest financial products and service providers in the world. This particular subsidiary used to operate with the name Allianz Global Assistance and later adapted the named Allianz travel insurance, offering travel insurance plans only. The company is headquartered in Paris but functions in several countries around the world including the UAE, Egypt, South Africa, USA, Europe, India, Japan, Thailand, Australia, etc. It has a consolidated experience of 30 long years in offering world-class travel insurance plans to both individuals and businesses. Affiliated with a huge network of medical facilities and hospitals across 240 countries, Allianz travel insurance UAE ensures that nothing but the best is offered to the customers.
Features of Allianz Travel Insurance
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Allianz travel insurance plans are designed to cover both basic and exclusive travel insurance benefits to make sure you are ideally protected when away from home. Emergency medical expenses, personal liability cover, and travel inconvenience benefits are just some of the many things you get with these plans.
- Extensive Coverage: Available with different coverage limits. Allianz travel insurance plans allow every customer to find a plan that suits their needs and budget the best. Plans like global travel insurance plans come with several coverage options for you to choose from.
- Globally Applicable: Allianz travel insurance plans are valid in most countries allowing you to travel almost anywhere in the world with not only safety but peace of mind. A few standard exclusions apply that are common among travel insurance plans.
- Efficient and Easy Claim Process: Allianz travel insurance Dubai claim process is very easy and swift. The claim settlement authority of Allianz insurance responds to the claim request in minimal time. The settlement also only takes a few days. The claim process for every benefit is also pretty defined so that you can easily apply reimbursement claims specifically for one benefit.
- Specially Curated Benefits: Special plans for Schengen countries, basic global travel insurance, inbound plans, and Hajj travel insurance plans are just some of the many options you get with Allianz travel insurance Dubai.
- Customizable as Per Requirements: The travel insurance plans from Allianz Insurance are available in the form of both single trip and annual multi-trip plans. You can also select the length of the trip the plan would cover as per your travel plans.
Allianz Travel Insurance Plans
There are six different types of travel insurance plans you can get with Allianz travel insurance Dubai. One of these six options is the add-on plans that can be taken with comprehensive travel insurance plans from Allianz.
Global Travel Insurance Plans
Allianz offers two different kinds of Global travel insurance plans – Travel Extra and Travel Gold. Both of them are inherently the same but with slightly different levels of benefits and assured sums. Following are the benefits offered by Global travel insurance plans by Allianz Insurance:
Global Travel Insurance – Travel Extra
- Allianz travel insurance Global Travel Extra insurance plan is the basic international travel insurance plan offered by Allianz Insurance. This is an individual single trip plan and can be adjusted as per the length of your trip.
- Emergency medical expenses benefit offered in the Travel Extra plan is capped at USD 250,000. Emergency medical evacuation and emergency medical repatriation are also covered in this segment. It also includes the emergency dental expense benefit of USD 500 with a maximum of USD 100 per tooth.
- In case of a medical emergency, this insurance plan also covers the expense of an economy plane ticket for a close family member for a compassionate visit.
- Allianz travel insurance Global Travel Extra plan comes with a personal liability benefit of USD 250,000. It includes any third-party liabilities that may come forward during the length of the trip.
- In case of the policyholder’s demise, the plan offers repatriation benefits of USD 5000 for transportation of the mortal remains of the policyholder.
- An accidental death cover benefit of USD 20,000 is included in the Allianz insurance Global Travel Extra.
- The plan includes a baggage delay benefit of USD 2500 with a basic waiting period or deductible of 4 hours.
- Trip cancellation and curtailment cover benefits of USD 2500 are also added to the travel insurance plan offered by the company.
- Other additional benefits of Allianz insurance Global Travel Extra insurance can include loss of travel documents benefit of USD 300.
Global Travel Insurance – Travel Gold
- Allianz travel insurance Global Travel Extra insurance plan is the exclusive version of the international travel insurance plan offered by the company in this segment. This plan is an individual single-trip travel insurance plan as well. You can adjust the benefits as per your travel length.
- Emergency medical expenses benefit is capped at USD 1,000,000. This benefit also includes emergency medical repatriation and emergency medical evacuation in the same assured sum amount. Emergency dental expense benefit of USD 1000 is also included in the plan.
- The plan also covers an economy plan ticket for the compassionate visit of a family member in case there is a medical emergency.
- Allianz travel insurance Global Travel Extra plan comes with a personal liability benefit of USD 1,000,000 to cover all kinds of third-party liabilities that come forward during the trip.
- The plan includes repatriation benefits of USD 10,000 for transportation of the mortal remains in case of demise.
- Allianz insurance Global Travel Extra plan also includes an accidental death cover benefit of USD 30,000.
- USD 5000 cover as baggage delay benefit applicable after the standard waiting period of 4 hours.
- Allianz travel insurance Global Travel Extra plan also offers trip cancellation and curtailment benefits of USD 5000.
- Other benefits of Allianz insurance Global Travel Extra insurance include loss of travel documents of USD 500.
- Another single trip individual plan, the Travel Schengen plan from Allianz Insurance is curated to fit all Schengen country's travel insurance requirements. It can be used to visit any of the 29 countries from the group.
- The medical expense cover benefit of the Travel Schengen plan is capped at USD 50,000. It includes expenses related to accidents and sickness under emergency conditions. The benefit coverage also extends to emergency medical evacuation and medical repatriation of the policyholder/insured.
- The repatriation of the mortal remains benefit of the plan is capped at USD 2500.
- Other medical emergency-related benefits available with this plan include emergency dental expenses up to the limit of USD 200 and hospital cash benefit of USD 100.
- The personal accident benefit offered with the Travel Schengen from Allianz travel insurance Dubai is capped at USD 5000.
- Loss of travel document cover is available for an upper limit of USD 300.
- The plan also covers an economy plane ticket for the compassionate visit of a family member in case of a medical emergency.
- The Inbound Product is the domestic travel insurance plan from Allianz that is made for visitors coming to the UAE on a tourist or visitor Visa. Inbound Product fulfills all the minimum requirements set by the UAE government for travel insurance.
- The emergency medical expenses benefit of the Allianz travel insurance UAE inbound plan is capped at USD 45,000. It also covers medical evacuation and repatriation in case of an emergency.
- Emergency dental treatment benefit comes at a limit of USD 500 with a cap of USD 100 for each tooth.
- A compassionate visit for one of the family members or friends is covered with an economy ticket by the plan as well.
- The Inbound travel insurance plan also covers repatriation expenses of the mortal remains up to USD 5000.
- The inbound travel insurance plan also includes baggage loss benefit of USD 2000, loss of personal document benefit of USD 500, and loss of personal money benefit of USD 300 as well.
Hajj and Umrah Travel Insurance
Allianz travel insurance offers specialized plans for Hajj and Umrah trips, customized to meet all special needs of the travelers for this special journey. There are two options of coverage that you can opt for depending on your needs and budget. Following is a list of benefits offered by the two Hajj and Umrah travel insurance plans from Allianz travel insurance UAE.
Hajj and Umrah Economy
- The economy version of the Hajj and Umrah travel insurance plan comes with an emergency medical expenses benefit of USD 7,500. 24-hour assistance, emergency medical evacuation and emergency medical repatriation are also included in this segment.
- USD 2,500 cover benefit for repatriation of the mortal remains of the insured in case of their demise during the trip.
- Emergency dental treatment benefit of USD 500 with a USD 100 limit for one tooth.
- Passport loss benefit of USD 250, and delayed departure benefit of USD 50 every 4 hours.
Hajj and Umrah First Class
- This is the exclusive version of the Hajj and Umrah travel insurance plan. It includes an emergency medical expenses benefit of USD 20,000. This cover also includes emergency medical evacuation and repatriation expenses benefits.
- The plan also covers an economy ticket of a family member or close relative as a compassionate visit during a medical emergency.
- Repatriation of the mortal remains is also covered for up to USD 5,000.
- Emergency dental expenses are covered by a benefit sum of USD 750 with a limit of USD 150 for one tooth.
- The First-Class Hajj and Umrah plan also offer a personal accident cover benefit of USD 10,000. It covers the death of the insured with compensation of USD 10,000, permanent total disability by USD 10,000 and partial permanent disability by USD 5,000.
- Travel inconvenience benefits of the plan include loss of passport benefit of USD 500 and delayed departure benefit of USD 50 every 4 hours up to USD 1000.
The annual multi-trip plans offered by Allianz insurance are quite similar to the single-trip plans explained before. This segment contains an extension of Travel Schengen, Travel Extra and Travel Gold plans as multi-trip travel insurance. The benefits and assured sum limits are the same as that of the single-trip plans.
Optional Covers from Allianz Travel Insurance UAE
- Ski Pack Benefit – it offers you a refund on a pre-booked ski trip if you have to cut your trip short
- Delayed Ski Equipment benefit of USD 300
- Reimbursement cover benefit for damaged, lost, stolen or destroyed ski equipment.
- Piste closure benefit of USD 250 if you have to cancel the trip because of the lack of snow on the site.
A cover benefit of USD 100,000 for you as a bystander if you are injured or face loss/damage due to a terrorism attack.
An optional benefit to cover transportation or accommodation cover in case you are stuck in an avalanche and have to extend the trip. It also pays for your ticket back home if you are not able to stay at your booked hotel or resort because of an avalanche. The benefit is capped at USD 150.
Allianz Travel Insurance UAE Common Exclusions
- Any maternity-related conditions, pre-existing illnesses, and critical illnesses.
- Suicide attempts or self-inflicted injuries.
- Injuries incurred or damaged sustained when under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Also applies to the personal liability cover of the Allianz travel insurance plans.
- Injuries incurred when participating in adventure sports or any of the excluded activities unless covered by an add-on cover.
- Trips took on the doctor’s advice for treatment purposes.
- Trips took even when the doctor has deemed you unfit to travel.
- Loss due to war-like situations like strikes, riots, civil wars and invasions.
- Loss and damages from explosions, radioactive substances and radioactivity in general.
Allianz Travel Insurance UAE FAQs
Q1. Do I have to be a UAE resident to buy Allianz travel insurance plans?
Ans. Yes, you have to be a UAE resident or citizen to buy any of the available Allianz travel insurance plans in the UAE. You will also need to submit documented proof of your residency in the UAE such as passport, visa page and Emirates ID. However, the inbound travel insurance plan of Allianz travel insurance Dubai can be bought by visitors who are planning to come to the UAE on a tourist visa.
Q2. Can I cancel my Allianz travel insurance plan?
Ans. Yes, you can cancel your Allianz travel insurance plan and may also get a complete refund on the premium as well. however, this cancellation has to be done within 48 hours of buying the plan, as per the current guidelines of Allianz insurance.
Q3. What is the maximum limit on days covered in single-trip policies?
Ans. A single-trip travel insurance plan covers a maximum of 92 days. This limit also applies to multi-trip annual plans. The annual plans are valid for the whole year and every trip you take within that year but, none of these multiple trips must be more than 92 days.
Q4. What is the upper age limit to buy Allianz travel insurance plans?
Ans. Anyone between 18 and 75 years of age holding valid identification proof can buy Allianz travel insurance in the UAE. The age limit for optional covers aka the add-ons is 65 years.
Q5. Do I get a pro-rata refund if I finish my travel earlier than the days quoted in the policy?
Ans. No, you do not get a refund if you finish your trip early. Once you finish your trip, a single-trip travel insurance plan expires right there.
Q6. Can I Buy Allianz travel insurance online?
Ans. Yes, you can easily buy Allianz travel insurance online. Allianz travel insurance UAE is solely operating on online platforms as of now. So, buying the plans online via aggregators and the official website is the ideal way indeed.